[GEM-dev] Maybe high-level wrappers around openGL wrappers for vector drawing? WAS Re: [Vektor] [RFC] intuitive idea

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Oct 29 14:58:01 CEST 2005

Hi Dan,

Ok, this is good to here, sorry I just jumped in without seeing the
whole picture. Sounds like you are also proposing soe storage format in
XML for the vectors?

Actually you just inspired me to think about the possibility of a
collection of pd/gem abstractions for higher-level vector (2D) drawing,
all based around the gem OpenGL wrappers....

Right now in Gem the only way to draw a long spline curve without a
fixed number of control points is to directly use the openGL drawing
function, or to use a dynamic array of two point [curve] objects.

I'l looking forward to see what develops here.

How do you think the proposed system could be used in other applications?

.b.