[GEM-dev] ortho and bollean interaction between objects

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Nov 13 00:33:27 CET 2005

Hello all,

I want to be able to see the interaction between objects in ortho mode.

I have a curve3d in front of a plane. When I move the curve3d control
points back I want to see the plane underneath become visible.

This all works great, except I don't want the perspective to cause the
edges of the curve3d to get smaller as they move from the camera. In
ortho mode no matter how far back I move the control point, the place
behind it never becomes visible.

Any way to use ortho and still being able to keep the object interaction?

The effect I'm going for is something like what water looks like as it
floods a complex 3D surface, the intersection between the surface and
the plane of water being the important aspects.

Back
   _
/ A \/\/  \  <- curve3d

Front

Here at point "A" the plane is visible in front of the curve3d.

Or let me know if you have any other ideas to accomplish this.

Thanks all.

b.