[GEM-dev] again pix_film problem on OSX

Erich Berger eb at randomseed.org
Wed Nov 23 00:04:16 CET 2005

hi,

i finally got to test the fix from chris.

> Ok, I put a quick fix into CVS just now to bang at the end of a film.
> This is only a fix in 'auto 1' mode - I'm not sure why the bang is not
> sent when manually controlling playback using the right inlet.  It is
> quite simple to test for this outside of the object itself using the
> second outlet.

my friend needs to use the automode that the sound of the video is
playing. in manual mode there is no sound.

now after the fix there is a bang in automode at the end of the file.
this bang i can now use to turn off auto 1. the problem is
that the audio as then still played once again (audio only).

is there a way to fix this ?

the behaviour of the linux object is a bit different and
actually quite useful.

if u put the object in auto 1 mode it will play the film until
the end, stops and bangs from the right outlet. until it receives a
message into the right inlet at which frame it should continue it does
not start again. in this way i m in full control over the auto loop.

because of this project i tried out pix_film on linux (my native) win
and osx. on each platform the object is different. i would say on linux
it has an optimal behaviour only that we had a massive codec problem.
on windows it worked fine but without sound, and the problem on osx
is descussed at the beginning of the mail.

about the build process of gem under osx is it now a commandline build
like under linux oder do i need to setup a special environment ?

thx for all the help

cheers

erich