[GEM-dev] again pix_film problem on OSX

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 23 10:15:31 CET 2005

Erich Berger wrote:

> because of this project i tried out pix_film on linux (my native) win
> and osx. on each platform the object is different. i would say on linux
> it has an optimal behaviour only that we had a massive codec problem.
> on windows it worked fine but without sound, and the problem on osx

but if you need sound, the object on linux won't give it to you either.

> is descussed at the beginning of the mail.
>
> about the build process of gem under osx is it now a commandline build
> like under linux oder do i need to setup a special environment ?

i use to compile Gem from the command line (the mac i use to compile is
in the roomnext to me and i don't want to switch rooms just to test
whether my code changes break the build on OSX)(darn, i'd love to have
that for w32 too)
this produces a binary that is at least loadable by Gem (since there is
no X on osX i cannot test it remotely

mfg.adsr.