[GEM-dev] render chains: positive vs. negative differences

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 6 23:04:25 CET 2005

james tittle wrote:
> ...I've come across a stumbling block on the road to gem shader
> nirvana, and I'm not sure why it's happening ;-\
>
> ...here's what's happening:  the "positive" render chains are  rendered
> after the perspective and view have been changed in the  gemwin, but
> "negative" render chains are always locked to the default  values for
> some reason?  It seems to me that they should also receive  the
> perspective and view messages in the same way the positive render
> chains do...
>
> ...Is there something here I'm not seeing?

i introduced negative render-chains to explicitly do on-screen-display.
(e.g. you move the camera around, but want some information to be always
displayed)
it might have been not the very best idea to do this with negative
render chains (but it is well documented (or so i thought), and there
should be no real drawbacks by this "abuse")

mfg.a.r