[GEM-dev] filmQT windows etc.

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Dec 7 17:49:26 CET 2005

I fixed the constant crashing when using QT movs on Windows, by
eliminating the DisposeGWorld() call in the close() method.  This
introduces a ~4k per call memory leak when switching files.  I might
get around to working out a leak free fix, but in the finest Microsoft
development tradition it's 'good enough' for now.

I also took out the RGBA transfer function in getFrame() since it was
just a fairly pointless memcpy().

This is also on the TODO list for Windows:

Make pix_videoDS work with sizes other than 320x240

Figure out how to make texturing performance not completely suck

Add in YUV path

pix_record

Anyone know how to get the damned debugger to work with Gem.dll?  It
refuses to stop at breakpoints.  Oh and nobody seems to ship code with
symbols in Windows land.  Makes finding QT crashes a total joy.

cgc