[GEM-dev] bug with pix_buffer_write

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Jan 3 17:10:50 CET 2006

Hey all,

I'm back to working on the installation and have noticed an irritating
bug in pix_buffer_write (I think).

Once and a while (about 15 times out of 600) the buffer gets messed up
when it is saved, the top 113 pixels of the image get copied over with
what looks like a bitmask from another part of the image. Sometimes its
totally black and opaque, other times you can see it resembles other
parts of the image.

I can't see any pattern to it, and it seems to quite infequently (as
long as your not writing 100s of images as I am)

I uploaded some of the messed up frames at:

www.ekran.org/ben/research/pix_buffer_bug.tgz

I would really like this fixed so that I can depend on the images
getting written into buffers properly after 1000s of frames.

I wish I could see a pattern as to when this happens, it does always
happen If I'm writing a lot of frames, but I can't force the creation of
one of these messed up frames.

Thanks
b..