[GEM-dev] entry and program strings

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jan 12 21:22:29 CET 2006

hey all,

...finally getting over the flu, or whatever it was:  not a good way
to start the year!  I decided to give ben's [entry] another go since
the fixes/corrections in december, and sure enough it's working
correctly now...

...so now I'm trying to figure out how use this as an input to the
various program objects (glsl, arb):  I can see that it's outputting
a symbol list, but it also produces the weird "escaping" for "," and
";", so I'm a bit unsure as to how to parse the input into a usable
program string?  Is the idea to just look for "\\\", removing that
and just using the following symbol?

...also wondering if we're going to need to include other escaping,
like for returns or other punctuations that are generally found in
shader programs:  I'm pretty sure that opengl can handle strings
without returns, but don't have the spec/manual in front of me...

jamie