[GEM-dev] entry and program strings

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 13 09:33:04 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> hey all,
>
> ...finally getting over the flu, or whatever it was:  not a good way  to

hija. good to hear that everythings good now.

> start the year!  I decided to give ben's [entry] another go since  the
> fixes/corrections in december, and sure enough it's working  correctly
> now...
>
> ...so now I'm trying to figure out how use this as an input to the
> various program objects (glsl, arb):  I can see that it's outputting  a
> symbol list, but it also produces the weird "escaping" for "," and  ";",
> so I'm a bit unsure as to how to parse the input into a usable  program
> string?  Is the idea to just look for "\\\", removing that  and just
> using the following symbol?
>
> ...also wondering if we're going to need to include other escaping,
> like for returns or other punctuations that are generally found in
> shader programs:  I'm pretty sure that opengl can handle strings
> without returns, but don't have the spec/manual in front of me...

GLSL doesn't care about line-breaks just like C.
however debugging will be harder (try to find the error in line-1!).

which other characters are needed?
i will have a look at the escaping (bset thing would be to de-escape in
the C-part of [entry])

mfg.adsr