[GEM-dev] OSX binary with multi-blob tracking online somewhere?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 21:21:45 CET 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:08 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> alas it can't find quicktime.

...I wouldn't be so sure :-)

...snip...

> checking for "QuickTime"-framework... yes

...ok, so we did find the framework...
...snip...

> checking for PKG_LIBQUICKTIME_CFLAGS...
> checking for PKG_LIBQUICKTIME_LIBS...
> checking for libquicktime-config... ./configure: line 6364: locale:
> command not found
> yes
> checking for quicktime_init in -lquicktime... no
> checking for PKG_LQT_CFLAGS...
> checking for PKG_LQT_LIBS...
> checking for lqt-config... ./configure: line 6638: locale: command
> not found
> yes
> checking for quicktime_init in -lquicktime... no

...but we aren't finding the libquicktime stuff, which isn't needed
unless you're using pix_film/movieNEW...

...snip...

>   LDFLAGS                : -framework QuickTime -framework Carbon
> -framework AGL -framework OpenGL

...this means we'll link everything ok...

>                          :
>
>   Strip                  : strip -x
>
>   Install path           : /usr/local
>
>  pure-data:
>   version                : 0.37

...are you still using 0.37?

>  used optional libraries:
>
>   font-rendering         :

...the following has nothing to do with apple's native quicktime, but
instead the pix_videoNEW and pix_filmNEW objects...

>   image-support
>     use ImageMagick      : no
>     use TIFF             : no
>     use JPEG             : no
>   video-support
>     use mpeg             : no
>     use mpeg-3           : no
>     use QuickTime        : no
>     use aviplay          : no
>     use ffmpeg           : no
>   input-support
>     use v4l              : no
>     use ieee1394         : no
>
>   misc
>     using ARB-extensions : yes
>     using NV-extensions  : no
>     using reg-struct-ret : yes
>
> Now run make ..

...what happens when you just run make at this point?

jamie