[GEM-dev] GLEW and pix_texture

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 24 21:38:53 CET 2006

chris clepper wrote:
> I seem to have GEM built with GLEW on Windows however the pix_texture
> object was crashing.  It took a little time to trace the crash, but I
> finally figured out that it died on GL_APPLE_texture_range.  Now,
> let's look at that again in slow-motion: Windows box, Apple specific
> extension, crash.  GLEW apparently says 'YES!' to every extension
> under the sun, which means we need to clean up some code based on
> platform assumptions in order to make it work.

hmm, on my system (w2k, geforceFX5600, don't know which drivers), GLEW
(or rather glewinfo) reports:
GL_APPLE_texture_range           MISSING

which seems pretty much ok to me.
and then: w32-drivers for my gfx-card might well support apple-specific
extensions (although it is unlikely; i am just saying it is possible)

if glew says "YES" to every extension under the sun, then it is broken
and a bug-report should be made (although i doubt that a bit - are you
sure you initialized glew correctly (i stumbled across this very problem
myself))

looking forward to see some glewified gem...

mfg.asdr