[GEM-dev] GLEW and pix_texture

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Jan 24 22:58:25 CET 2006

On 1/24/06, chris clepper <cgc at humboldtblvd.com> wrote:
> I've got the ARB_ shaders going now, but keep hitting the damned 2D vs
> RECT problem when using the shaders I wrote for the Mac!  I think the
> rectangle extension might work on windows using GLEW though.

Rectangle textures are working on Windows now.  Performance is still
horrible though.  Currently 40% of a 3.4Ghz P4 to get a 640x480
photo-jpeg to screen at 30fps.  About 25% or so is the decompression,
which is bad but the rest might be an indication of a non-optimal
pixel format or something?

> I still need to figure out if YUV textures are a reality on the PC or not...

The FireGL 3100 card I have here is missing all of the YUV extensions.
 Not good.

Can you give me the info on the support for rectangle and YUV textures
on a NV card?

cgc