[GEM-dev] GLEW and pix_texture

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Jan 25 16:42:11 CET 2006

On 1/25/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> i was thinking of including glew in Gem, as it is really just 2 files
> (glew.c and glew.h) and regenerate from time to time.

It also does runtime checking, which is the real reason to use it on
the two more sane platforms.  GLEW would probably make the code easier
to read, and I'm definitely for that!

> well imo __APPLE__ should mean PowerPC and MacIntel....and nothing else!

That is my point: right now we use __APPLE__ to mean code that should
be big endian and that's not the proper use of that define.