[GEM-dev] building gem CVS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 27 09:01:41 CET 2006

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> ok, thanks for the file (sent off-list for those who don't know)
>>
>> which GL-headers do you have installed?
>> nvidia's? i have heard rumours that they are severly broken; i am using
>> the headers provided by xlibmesa-gl-dev (they have been updated and hold
>> whatever i need)
>

> I did not install the nvidia headers, unless the binary driver installed
> them itself. I have these packages installed:

normally they (the nvidia drivers) dont, so that should not be a problem.

> I don't remember if nvidia puts stuff in /usr/local/include or not.

on debian it usually just puts the headers into
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-dev/include (but i think this is deprecated
(putting headers into /usr/share/doc) and will eventually be replaced by
  by putting them into /usr/lib/nvidia-glx/ or sthg like that)

> FYI I'm using the nvidia binary v1.0-7664

however, you can just have a look at the /usr/unclude/GL/gl.h; there are
huge copyright notices at the beginning of the file that say whether it
is mesa or nvidia.

> I have miller's PD in /usr/ and pd-devel in /usr/local so I ran

that might be a problem

> ./configure with:
>
> ./configure --with-pd=/usr/bin/pd

> is --with-pd=/usr/bin/pd the way to compile against miller's pd and not
> pd-devel?

i am wondering where this configure-flag (--with-pd) is coming from. it
is nowhere used!
however, even if it was used and fixed and everything i doubt whether it
will be able to distinguish gracefully between installations in /usr/
and /usr/local

could you try to (temporarily) move the pddevel-include (i guess it is
/usr/local/include/m_pd.h but please check beforehand) to somewhere
else, and retry?

 > the resulting configLinux is attached.

thanks, i will give it another try...

mfg.-asdr