[GEM-dev] building gem CVS

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Jan 28 17:01:35 CET 2006

Hi Johannes,

So I do have the nvidia headers installed in /usr/include/GL

But I have not changed the driver version, and was able to compile older
CVS versions of Gem via these headers, so I don't think buggy nvidia
headers are the issue. So to test if if having troubles because of
something changed in Gem, or something changed on my machine I tried to
compile gem 0.90.0.

I can get through a few of the Manips, but it bails early at:

c++ -c -g -g -O2 -D__NEW__ -fPIC -mmmx  -I../ -I/usr/include/avifile-0.7
-I/usr/include/FTGL/ -I/usr/include/freetype2/  -fno-builtin -O3
-funroll-loops -ffast-math  rotate.cpp -o rotate.o
ortho.cpp:122: error: parse error at end of input
make[1]: *** [ortho.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/bbogart/pd-stuff/gem-0.90.0-nocamera/src/Manips'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 255

It first bailed on camera, so thinking it may be a fluke I removed it
from the build and then ortho gave me the same error.

Maybe this will give a hint as to whats up.

Also I removed the pd-devel stuff (make uninstall) and that made no
difference to the CVS build.

Should I move my nvidia GL headers out of the way and reinstall them
with the mesa headers?

I have no idea whats going on.

Thanks for helping.

.b.