[GEM-dev] Re: new binaries for Windows and OSX

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:18:12 CET 2006

Just to follow up on this, I have a GLEW version for WIndows, but it
requires more code changes to make it work right.  My thoughts are to put
together a release before all the GLEWing just to have a more recent version
than 0.90 available.

New/fixed items :

- separator memory leak looks fixed as long as the separator comes after the
texturing objects
- pix_coordinate bug appears fixed by IOhannes
- I have gotten Quicktime not to crash when loading clips on Windows, but
this introduced a small leak
- pix_record is working on OSX and Windows
- pix_film pause/play is better on OSX when using the auto setting
- playback of production HiDef codecs is improved on OSX
- ARB_fragment/vertex support on OSX

There are probably other items, but it looks like the added functionality
and stability is worth a 'maintenance' release for these two platforms.  Or
do we want to wait for GLEW on all three platforms for a release?

cgc