[GEM-dev] Re: new binaries for Windows and OSX

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 3 16:46:06 CET 2006

On Feb 2, 2006, at 3:18 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> Just to follow up on this, I have a GLEW version for WIndows, but
> it requires more code changes to make it work right.  My thoughts
> are to put together a release before all the GLEWing just to have a
> more recent version than 0.90 available.
>
> New/fixed items :
>
> - separator memory leak looks fixed as long as the separator comes
> after the texturing objects
> - pix_coordinate bug appears fixed by IOhannes
> - I have gotten Quicktime not to crash when loading clips on
> Windows, but this introduced a small leak
> - pix_record is working on OSX and Windows
> - pix_film pause/play is better on OSX when using the auto setting
> - playback of production HiDef codecs is improved on OSX
> - ARB_fragment/vertex support on OSX

...and then also off the top of my head:

- GLSL shader support
- VBO support
- FBO support
- any number of new pix objects:  freeframe, fid*, vpaint
- pqtorusknots
- multitexture support (kinda)
- loads of new gl wrappers
- fix for HaveValidContext() hack on osx
- better glError detection, especially useful when working with
glWrappers
- etc.

...it'd be better to go thru the ChangeLog, which I'll run cvs2cl
today and see where we are...

> There are probably other items, but it looks like the added
> functionality and stability is worth a 'maintenance' release for
> these two platforms.  Or do we want to wait for GLEW on all three
> platforms for a release?

...I agree we should do a release of some sort (it's been what,
almost 2 years?) before GLEW-ifying, if only because that touches
every file...IOhannes also mentions vertex_array, model_loader, and
multiple_window improvements that aren't quite there for wide
distribution:  I say we look at what's in cvs now, make sure it works
on all platforms (somewhat:  multitexture/FBO needs love, and I'm not
sure freeframe is 100% on osx yet)...

...can we get it done for valentine's day?

jamie