[GEM-dev] [pix_record] api question

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sun Feb 5 21:40:28 CET 2006

I currently have several works on three continents which rely on
pix_record working exactly as is.  Given the low to mid six figure
worth of the work and the fact that I cannot recall it to change it
over, I am going to have to say the interface is fixed.  Sorry but I
made pix_record in order to make a living!  It is central and critical
to the work I am doing so any change would possibly fork my
contributions to GEM.  Hopefully I can make things work like I
designed them, but if that is not possible then I will have to
consider alternatives.

If you want to do you own thing on Linux then please make a separate
object.  I was actually going to suggest doing that in the other
thread because, honestly, Linux is the odd man out on this one and
should probably just adapt to the other two platforms as well as
possible.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit harsh, but these changes are costing
people time and money.  This should have been discussed and agreed
upon before it was done.

cgc