[GEM-dev] [pix_record] api question

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon Feb 6 00:39:37 CET 2006

The problem with this situation is that you broke working code and
made no accommodations to anyone else who might rely on that code.
You could have implemented the new API without touching pix_record at
all by making a temporary file like pix_recordNEW or whatever.  This
would have allowed for a gradual transition of the code without
breaking anything.  The timing is really bad too because I really need
the current CVS pix_record to work on OSX right now.  I may or may not
have a problem with the object's long term stability and the changes
you made are not helping right now.

I will work on the common API version when I get the chance, but I
have other things that come first.  Also, the current version has been
tested for many months, and I would like to do the same with the new
version as well.

So can we put a transitional file in place for a little while until I
get things sorted here?  If you don't want to do a pix_recordNEW then
I will commit a pix_filmQT or similar for the time being.

Thanks
Chris