[GEM-dev] Gem window won't 'destroy'

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Mon Feb 6 18:11:46 CET 2006

Jamie Bullock wrote:

>Another question.
>
>I've successfully compiled Gem using ./configure --disable-ARB --disable-NV, and linking against the ati proprietary libGL. Everything seems to work very nicely. Only thing is sending a 'destroy' message to [gemwin] crashes the gemwin. When I say 'crashes', I mean that PD is still useable, but the gemwin freezes, and can't be closed without restarting the window manager (Enlightenment DR16).
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Jamie

I've recently submitted a fix for this. It's in the cvs.

If you're compiling 0.90, edit the file '/src/Base/GemWinCreateXWin.cpp'.

void destroyGemWindow(WindowInfo &info)
{
  if (info.dpy)
    {
      int error=0;
      // fix
      glXMakeCurrent(info.dpy, None, NULL); //add this line here
      //
      if (info.win)

This is just a dirty hack. I'm trying a cleaner fix (the problem seems
to be that in 'GemBase.cpp' this func is called after 'destroyGemWindow'
but it should be called before).

I'm sorry I'm not an experienced X developer, but the line above solved
this problem on my system.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com