[GEM-dev] pix_freeframe and m_instance

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Feb 8 18:06:28 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> ...I'm currently trying to get [pix_freeframe] working again on osx

i noticed on the freeframe-list...

> (the plugin structure was changed for the freeframe 1.0 spec)...I've

when?
or rather: the Gem-support for FreeFrame happened after FreeFrame-1.0
spec. the newest files i get are from 2004.

> got the new bundle loading code working, but it's crashing when  trying
> to actually processImage()...the most obvious problem in gdb  is that
> the height and width don't seem to be passed to the plugin,  and I'm
> having a hard time finding where this is filled out...this is  working
> on linux, right?

as far as i can test (there are not that many plugins available on
linux): pete's plugins work fine and gabor's ports of the xscreensavers
do so as well (both are compiled by me)

the size of the frame is fixed for an instance of the plugin.
therefore a check is done at the beginning of processImage(); on
instatiation of a freeframe-plugin, a struct "vidinfo" of type
VideoInfoStruct is passed, which holds the meta information of the frames.

btw, last time i tested, it also worked on w32....

mf.asd.r