[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Pixes pix_freeframe.cpp,1.8,1.9

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 15:20:20 CET 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 2:54 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> actually that is why i used the open_via_path() method.
> this should allow to add a path with the ff-plugins at the startup and
> pd will find it automatically (btw, the same is true for font-
> the code for resolving the full filename is in the constructor of
> pix_freeframe, so you might have overlooked it.
>

>> and currently you must append ".frf" to the end of the plugin's name
>>
>  but doesn't this:
>
>> + #elif defined __APPLE__
>> +     ".frf";
>>   #else
>
> take care of the extensions?

...well, I thought so, to but notice the following:  in the first try
I used [pix_freeframe Chromium.frf] and in the second [pix_freeframe
Chromium]

tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium.frf.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Development/
Chromium.frf.frf and failed
tried ../Resources/doc/abstractions/footils/list-abs/Chromium.frf.frf
and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC5.app/Contents/
Resources/Scripts/../extra/iemmatrix/Chromium.frf.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/iemmatrix/Chromium.frf.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/toxy/Chromium.frf.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/zexy/Chromium.frf.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/Chromium.frf.frf and failed
trying to load /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium.frf
plugin @ 706700
pix_freeframe[Chromium.frf]:
	param#0: Edge1
	param#1: Edge2
	param#2: Tint Red
	param#3: Tint Green
	param#4: Tint Blue
pix_film: colorspace change will take effect the next time you load a
film
tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium.frf\; stat failed
or directory
tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Development/Chromium.frf
and failed
tried ../Resources/doc/abstractions/footils/list-abs/Chromium.frf and
failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC5.app/Contents/
Resources/Scripts/../extra/iemmatrix/Chromium.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/iemmatrix/Chromium.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/toxy/Chromium.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/zexy/Chromium.frf and failed
tried /Users/tigital/Desktop/PureData.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/Chromium.frf and failed
trying to load /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium
/Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium: couldn't load
plugin @ 0
error: GemException: couldn't load FreeFrame-plugin
pix_freeframe Chromium
... couldn't create

...so it seems that instead of just appending .frf, it's appending \;
also?  I haven't figured out why yet, so maybe you have an idea...?

...also, without knowing too much about the freeframe spec, I'm
wondering if there's a way to get or "register" the default values,
or even the range of the individual parameters?  Would be nice to
create an auto-setup kinda abstraction...

jamie