[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Pixes pix_freeframe.cpp,1.8,1.9

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 21:00:09 CET 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 9:20 AM, james tittle wrote:
> tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium.frf\; stat
> failed or directory

...ok, just realized what the problem is:  freeframe plugins on osx
ARE directories!  Actually, they're bundles, somewhat similar to
application "bundles" or frameworks, such that there is a directory
structure surrounding a binary that allows the inclusion of relevent
resources (ie. plists/xml, icons, etc.)  So the problem here is that
it's finding the "Chromium.frf" ok, but it's crapping out because
it's not a binary!

...now, how do we get around this?  I suppose it'd be something like
an osx specific search for a directory of the name "*.frf"...

> ...also, without knowing too much about the freeframe spec, I'm
> wondering if there's a way to get or "register" the default values,
> or even the range of the individual parameters?  Would be nice to
> create an auto-setup kinda abstraction...

...I've read the freeframe spec now, and obviously there's a
"getDefaultParameters()" call that we can make...but I still don't
see a function for getting valid parameter ranges:  am I missing
something...?

jamie