[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Pixes pix_freeframe.cpp,1.8,1.9

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Feb 11 17:37:10 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2006, at 9:20 AM, james tittle wrote:
>
>> tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium.frf\; stat  failed
>> or directory
>

> ...ok, just realized what the problem is:  freeframe plugins on osx  ARE
> directories!  Actually, they're bundles, somewhat similar to

> ...now, how do we get around this?  I suppose it'd be something like  an
> osx specific search for a directory of the name "*.frf"...

argh! we needs live to be so complicated!

>> ...also, without knowing too much about the freeframe spec, I'm
>> wondering if there's a way to get or "register" the default values,
>> or even the range of the individual parameters?  Would be nice to
>> create an auto-setup kinda abstraction...
>

> ...I've read the freeframe spec now, and obviously there's a
> "getDefaultParameters()" call that we can make...but I still don't  see
> a function for getting valid parameter ranges:  am I missing  something...?

yes, the freeframe-specs are very precise about this and make it quite
simple. quoting http://freeframe.sourceforge.net/spec.html

"Apart from text parameters, FreeFrame parameter values are always
32-bit floats, and the range of values permitted is STRICTLY 0-1 (0 <=
ParameterValue <= 1). This allows faster processing and a good range of
values over a standard range, so the host can run up sliders or similar
for the plugin. The Use of any values outside this range will result in
hideous incompatibilities."

so ranges are always between 0..1 (which happens to be similar to Gem :-))

mfg.asd.r