[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] Gem/src/Pixes pix_freeframe.cpp,1.8,1.9

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 13 10:38:46 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2006, at 9:20 AM, james tittle wrote:
>
>> tried /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Chromium.frf\; stat  failed
>> or directory
>

> ...ok, just realized what the problem is:  freeframe plugins on osx  ARE
> directories!  Actually, they're bundles, somewhat similar to
> application "bundles" or frameworks, such that there is a directory
> structure surrounding a binary that allows the inclusion of relevent
> resources (ie. plists/xml, icons, etc.)  So the problem here is that
> it's finding the "Chromium.frf" ok, but it's crapping out because  it's
> not a binary!
>
> ...now, how do we get around this?  I suppose it'd be something like  an
> osx specific search for a directory of the name "*.frf"...

after a quick glance at Pete's CoreImage plugins (i guess you are
referring to those):
how about trying to search for a file within the bundle?
i see that the bundle for the plugin "Gloom" is a directory
"CIGloom.frf" which holds the actual binary "CIGloom.frf/CIGloom"
so my idea is to open_via_path() a file printf("%s.frf/%s", name, name),
 and pass that (probably stripping off the "/*" part) to bundle-loader.

however, i have no idea whether this is generic enough to keep working...

the other question is, why freeframe-plugins on osx _are_ bundles at all
(i don't find this in the specs)

mfg.ad.r