[GEM-dev] pix_fiducialtrack help?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 13 22:49:53 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> ...looking thru additions I haven't kept up with as much as I should,
> I'm trying to understand how this object works ;-)  The data file

hmm
best thing (imo) is to read the papers that are mentioned in the help-patch.

> loads, but in the help file I don't get any output from the ID, x, y,

do you have a valid target at hand?
the fiducial-tracking does not work with general objects but only with a
special set of hierarchically topological targets (which are described
via the data file); on the reacTIVision homepage you should find a link
to a pdf that contains the complete set of ~127 fiducials that can be
tracked with the given data file.
(http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/reacTable/pdfs/fiducials.pdf)

if you don't have a target and it doesn't detect one, than this means,
that the algorithm is stable :-)

you can also draw a  target by hand (draw all lines really with a fat
black marker; "#" are just black blobs)

this should give you ID#22

+===============+
|   _ _ _ _ _   |
|  | | | | | |  |
|  |-|-|-|-|_|  |
|  |_|_|_|_|    |
|          _ _  |
|  # # #  |_|_| |

> or angle...?  Also, there's a second inlet that is undocumented in  the
> object:  is it just for another way to open a file, or something  else?

the 2nd inlet is there for historic reasons (i think) and should be
eliminated.

> The code seems to mention a necessary vector...

where?

mfg.asdr