[GEM-dev] strings are 1 of my big weakness's

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Feb 15 21:58:19 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> ...I've been trying to get [pix_freeframe] to work, but no luck:  I
> keep get bad memory accesses!  I just don't know much in the way of
> unix string tricks :-(  Here's what I was trying:
>
>   char *extension=
> #ifdef __WIN32__
>     ".dll";
> #elif defined __APPLE__
>     ".frf";
> #else
>     ".so";
> #endif

i have committed a version that is working (on my machine).
let's see if it likes bundles

>   int fd=-1;
>
> // Hoops to jump thru for apple's bundle structure :-(
> #ifdef __APPLE__
>   strcat(extension, "/");
>   strcat(extension, pluginname);
> #endif

i don't know what's so cool with strcat()...i prefer sprintf()

>   if ((fd=open_via_path(canvas_getdir(getCanvas())->s_name,  pluginname,
> extension, buf2, &bufptr, MAXPDSTRING, 1))>=0){

oh, i just noticed that i used extension="" and set
pluginname="name.frf/name".
so this might still not work with the bundle (but it might as well work)
- left as an excercise for th adept programmer..;-)

mfg.a