[GEM-dev] Guassian Blur pixel shader?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Feb 16 21:25:55 CET 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 2:34 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 2/16/06, chris clepper <cgc at humboldtblvd.com> wrote:
>> Not tested in GEM but this is working GLSL code from ATI for a
>> type of
>> Gaussian effect:
>
> I can't get this working using the current CVS glsl objects, but it
> works fine in Shader Builder.
>
> [glsl_fragment]: Loaded file: /Users/schwartz/Desktop/shaders/
> glsl_gauss.frag
> link 2 progs
> attach object 0
> attach object 1
> getting 0 chars for infolog
> [glsl_program]: vertex shader running in hardware
> [glsl_program]: fragment shader running in hardware
>
> Nothing visible happens to the texture fragment though.

...same thing here:  seems like it's real hit-or-miss as far as which
glsl shaders work in gem...I have no problem with simple/trivial
ones, but anything more complex than assigning a color don't always
work :-(  Still can't get the mandlebrot stuff going either...

...just as a thought, I wonder if uploading YUV textures is a
problem?  I wonder how that actually appears on the card?  Does the
driver convert it to RGB after upload?  Also, I assume you are using
power of 2 textures, cuz other with you'd have to change the shader
to sampler2DRect and such...

...Lotsa debugging left to-do, as usual...

jamie