R: [GEM-dev] compiling Gem - ubuntu

davide davide.morelli at tin.it
Fri Feb 17 01:05:41 CET 2006

> > error:
> > configure: error: GL not found! you need openGL!!!
>
> well, yes, i think so...

eh eh..

I wrote that line to let you know that:
* I used libglu1-mesa-dev
* ubuntu doesn't come with a gl-dev package installed

> oh, which version of libquicktime(-dev) comes with ubuntu?
> (wow, debian has more uptodate packages than ubuntu!)

davide at ubuntu:~$ apt-cache show libquicktime-dev
Package: libquicktime-dev
Section: libdevel
Installed-Size: 132
Maintainer: Gerd Knorr <kraxel at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: libquicktime
Version: 0.9.3-2ubuntu2
Replaces: libquicktime4linux-dev
Depends: libquicktime1 (= 0.9.3-2ubuntu2), libc6-dev, libraw1394-dev,
libdv-dev, libglib-dev
Conflicts: libquicktime4linux-dev
Filename:
pool/main/libq/libquicktime/libquicktime-dev_0.9.3-2ubuntu2_i386.deb
Size: 18450
MD5sum: 4d21367bcae5f539b78d9eec5f18dc15
package contains the headers and static libraries for developing
applications with libquicktime.
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Origin: Ubuntu

should i install a more recent version? can I install a debian package or do
I have to recompile it from source?

> > workaround:
> >
> > reconfigured with
> > ./configure --without-libquicktime
> >
> > removed pix_record.cpp, recordQT.cpp and recordQT4L.cpp
> >
> actually one of your workarounds should be sufficient: either
> remove the files or configure without quicktime. did this work?
> (no harm is done if you do both, but you will not be able to
> decode movies using the quicktime-api when using the configure-option)

"./configure --without-libquicktime" alone wasn't solving the problem. now i
get gem compiled only removing those files without removing libquicktime
from configure

> and i forgot: you might want to install (the optional) ftgl-dev and
> magick6++-dev too...

I installed them too

here is the complete list of what I installed:

required packages installed:
libglu1-mesa-dev

optional packages installed:
libjpeg62-dev