R: [GEM-dev] compiling Gem - ubuntu

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 17 10:08:39 CET 2006

davide wrote:
>>>error:
>>>configure: error: GL not found! you need openGL!!!
>>
>>well, yes, i think so...
>>

> eh eh..
>
> I wrote that line to let you know that:
> * I used libglu1-mesa-dev
> * ubuntu doesn't come with a gl-dev package installed

neither das plain debian.

however:
$ aptitude show xlibmesa-gl-dev
Package: xlibmesa-gl-dev
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 6.8.2.dfsg.1-11

and that's the important thing: Gem needs the opengl-headers and libs,
and they are provided by a package providing libgl-dev
xlibmesa-gl-dev provides libgl-dev (and thus the headers)

>>oh, which version of libquicktime(-dev) comes with ubuntu?
>

> davide at ubuntu:~$ apt-cache show libquicktime-dev
> Package: libquicktime-dev
> Version: 0.9.3-2ubuntu2
> Replaces: libquicktime4linux-dev
> Depends: libquicktime1 (= 0.9.3-2ubuntu2), libc6-dev, libraw1394-dev,

of i see

$ aptitude show libquicktime-dev
Package: libquicktime-dev
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1:0.9.7-0.4

> should i install a more recent version? can I install a debian package or do
> I have to recompile it from source?

i guess you could give installing plaing debian packages a try...

> "./configure --without-libquicktime" alone wasn't solving the problem. now i
> get gem compiled only removing those files without removing libquicktime
> from configure

thanks, i will try to fix this.

mga.sd