[GEM-dev] Guassian Blur pixel shader?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 17:04:41 CET 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 1:09 PM, chris clepper wrote:
> Post back a working patch if you get one going.  Good luck!

hey all,

...I went ahead and looked at the glsl stuff again, the attached
patch works fine for me:  one thing to remember with shaders is that
they must use different "samplers" for different texture
dimensions...in the attached example, the shader expects a square
texture (texture2D), so try movies of 256x256, 512x512, etc...in
order to do 320x240/640x480/etc, the shader would have to have
certain commands changed (ie. "sampler2D" becomes "sampler2DRect",
same with texture2D)...there's probably a simple way of telling one
shader which path to use, but I haven't gotten there yet...

enjoy,
jamie

ps:  also remember that by default, osx loads pix_texture with "mode
1"/rectangle_textures, so you need to make sure it's switched to
"mode 0"