[GEM-dev] Guassian Blur pixel shader?

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:10:05 CET 2006

Some more info:

There are three outlets for glsl_fragment and in these patches the
middle one is connected to the shader number message for glsl_program.
 That middle outlet never changes but the right one does.  I connected
that up and now get varying output from the shader (although it still
doesn't work):

link 2 progs
attach object 0
attach object 1
getting 722 chars for infolog
GEM: [glsl_program]: Info_log:
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord0' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord1' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord2' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord3' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord4' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord5' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.
ERROR: Fragment shader reads varying 'texCoord6' which is not written
since there is no vertex shader.

GEM: [glsl_program]:  Link failed!

After that I load the shaders again and get this:

[glsl_vertex]: Loaded file: /Users/schwartz/Desktop/gaussBlurGLSL/gaussBlur.vert
[glsl_fragment]: Loaded file:
/Users/schwartz/Desktop/gaussBlurGLSL/gaussBlur.frag
link 2 progs
attach object 0
attach object 1
getting 0 chars for infolog
[glsl_program]: vertex shader running in hardware
[glsl_program]: fragment shader running in hardware

I have a 256x256 file and pix_texture in mode 0.  Any ideas?

cgc