[GEM-dev] Guassian Blur pixel shader?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 20:14:43 CET 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 1:31 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> Yet another update!  That shader runs in software on a Dual Core G5
> with NV 6600.  It's about 1/10th the speed of using the pix_convolve
> equivalent.

...hmm, find it hard to believe that it runs in software there,
because it's running in hardware on my radeon mobility 9700...of
course, it could be yet another example of the vast difference
between vendors views of shader support, or apple's ability/desire to
keep a level driver field...?  I had always assumed that ATI was more
finicky about what it would run in hardware...but then that shader is
from an ATI sample code, and I know that I've had tons of problems
running seemingly simple nvidia sample code on ATI hardware...

jamie