[GEM-dev] Re: GEM Installation on OS X

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Feb 20 15:40:34 CET 2006

hey gang,

On Feb 18, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Paul Calamia wrote:

> There was one instance where g++ gave an error about a line something
> like this:
>
> char *x = malloc(...);
>
> so I added a (char *) cast to the malloc. I can send you the name
> of the
> source file in which this occured on Monday. There was also a
> problem in
> glsl_program.c where two constants were not defined. I don't have the
> exact deatils in front of me now, but I think they were values
> passed to
> functions that checked on whether OpenGL was rendering in hardware or
> software. I think they occured on lines 283 and 284.

...hmm, I don't get anything but warning's here, with gcc 4.0.1...

>> how are you compiling Gem? using configure/make or using xcode
>> (question
>> to jamie&chris: are you using the autoconf build system? (so can we
>> expect it to work :) ?)

...IOhannes and I got the autoconf/configure/make system working
awhile ago, but then I went back to XCode again...I'll commit my
latest project file, which we could always use from the command line
anyway...xcode's really improved alot, but like any new tool, can
take awhile to figure out where all the options are accessed...

...this does bring up an issue I've been thinking about:  maybe we
should have a seperate OSX directory for all of these archived
project files?  Alternatively, we could just delete what's there and
go with the latest...?  But that would kill some backwards
compatibility, say if someone was trying to build on 10.2 with
project builder instead of xcode...but I doubt/hope there's much of
that going on!

> aclocal, autoconf, configure and make. I was following the directions
> given for linux since there were none for OS X.
>
>>> recordQT::getCodecName(int)
>>> recordQT::getCodecDescription(int)
>
>> this might be a bug.
>> for now, just delete the files Pixes/record* and Pixes/pix_record.*
>> (don't delete Pixes/pix_recordQT.* if you want to record to a movie)

...he might also have problems with pix_filmNEW and friends, as I
have just side-stepped that issue so far :-(

james