[GEM-dev] new message to [pix_texture] vote

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Mar 3 17:02:18 CET 2006

heya,

...as usual, I start working on one thing, open up the red book, and
find something else missing from Gem!  In this case it is a
selectable GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE...currently this is auto set
GL_MODULATE at the end of pix_texture::setUpTextureState()...of
course there are many other possibilities:  GL_DECAL, GL_REPLACE,
GL_BLEND, GL_ADD, and GL_COMBINE...

...so I'd like to add a message to select between these, and just
want to get an opinion on what to call the message:  my first thought
would be [env $1<, but I guess it could be env_mode or envmode or...?

...also, it seems that this is auto set when rectangle textures
aren't available, or if using rectangle textures AND [mode 1<, which
doesn't seem right...

thoughts?
jamie