[GEM-dev] stencil

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sat Mar 4 01:59:41 CET 2006

hey cyrille,

On Mar 3, 2006, at 8:54 AM, cyrille henry wrote:
> does anyone have succefully used stencil buffer with GEM?
>
> here is what i'm trying to do, without succes...

...this is easy:  it's not working because the gemwindow creation
doesn't request a stencil buffer (at least on osx and linux)!
However, I just committed a small change to the osx code that indeed
does enable the stencil buffer, and it should be just as easy to do
for linux and windows...after doing so, the patch works as expected...

...this does bring up an issue:  should we always create the
additional buffers (ie. depth, stencil, accumulation, aux), or should
we create a message for gemwin to selectively enable/disable these
before window creation?  Currently on osx, 24bit depth and 8bit
stencil buffers are created, and on linux it just creates a 16bit
depth buffer...

time to go out,
jamie