[GEM-dev] new win32 build

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Mar 9 17:51:29 CET 2006

On 3/9/06, cyrille henry <cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr> wrote:

> hello,
>
> this windows build is to late for me but a friend tested it on 2
> differents computer (pd 38.2 + winXPpro sp2). gem does not load because
> glew32.dll or MSVCP71.dll is missing.

 The glew one is probably just an oversight in the build settings, but I
don't know what would cause the need for the MSVC dll.  Perhaps there is
some sort of debug setting that triggers it?

exept that, my list of "bug" that could be fixed :

> pix_write write images upside down in .jpg, but images are correct in .tif

Coordinate systems vary so TIFF might start from the bottom left like GL
while JPG starts at the top right.  Quicktime and DirectShow seem to be
opposite from one another as well.

there was a discussion about making remanence effect with alpha for the
> gemwin background. i noticed some change was made on the source code to
> allow alpha in the background color, but i still not able to make it work.

Sounds like something that would only work in single buffered mode without
saving the buffer somewhere and compositing it back in.  Using pix_snap2tex
will do the second option.