[GEM-dev] pix_record on ubuntou/breezy (was: Re: new win32 build)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 14 09:16:57 CET 2006

cyrille henry wrote:

>>> thanks for that. it should be fixed now in CVS.
>>> for the impatient: change line54 to
>>> #elif defined HAVE_LIBQUICKTIME && defined HAVE_LQT_ADD_VIDEO_TRACK
>>

>> it compile now. i will try it later.
>> thanks
>

> ok. when i load a pix_record object, i've got the message :
> [pix_record]: Gem has been compiled without pix-recording capabilities!
>
> so the question is : what should i do to compil gem with pix_recording
> capability?

recordQT4L uses a rather new API of libquicktime (which, btw, is not
compatible with quicktime4linux any more); so you need a recent version
of libquicktime (on my debian machine i have 0.9.7)

so the answer is basically: use an uptodate distribution like debian and
not something old and rotten like ubuntu :-) (funny world this is)

i don't know how ubuntu is upgraded, but you could bother the
maintainers for getting a newer version of libquicktime in the next release.

mfg.asdr.