[GEM-dev] Re: [GEM-cvs] pix_share_*

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 14 17:06:46 CET 2006

chris clepper wrote:

> I thought about doing this but ran into the problem  with letting
> pix_share_read know what size the image is after a change.  I didn't think
> netsend or OSC would be suitable but maybe embedding the x,y,c size in the
> mapped memory would work.

yep. using a networked connection for control data will give us a lot of
race conditions which will almost always fail...

> Of course, we still need some sort of WIndows equivalent as well.

afaik, there is nothing as elegant as shm on w32,
however, there are memory mapped files (i found that via google:
http://www.codeproject.com/threads/sharedmemipc.asp) which might work.

mfg.asd.r