[GEM-dev] External example ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 16 11:07:13 CET 2006

Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I searched the web and the list a little bit, but I can't find an
> example of a Gem external's source code. My idea would be basically to
> get info about a pix. Where should I look for such a hello world
> example  ? Thanks !

there is none (i know of).
adding new objects to Gem is fairly simple, just use Gem's source-tree,
copy the .cpp & .h files from a similar object (each object is in a
separate file-pair), rename the class inside the files and make your
changes.
if you are using autoconf for building Gem, you don't have to worry any
more: just do "make" and the new file will automatically be added and
the object made available.
(if you are using an IDE, you might have to add the newly added file to
the to-be-built files by hand)

mf.adsr.