[GEM-dev] (no subject)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Mar 17 21:11:46 CET 2006

Hi Chris,

Here are a couple links:

This one was the profile done while the video is running fine:
http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/While-PD-runs-fine@start.mshark

This is the one once PD has been running for a while (20-30min):
http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/Pd-is-now-slogging.mshark

Looks like while things are looking ok 25% CPU goes into "DecodeBlocks"
which looks like the decompression process. When things go bad it looks
like "mentorGetNextFrame" takes up 45% so that looks like the problem.
Sorry I don't have the debugging symbols in this gem binary, but I hope
the profiles can still help.

Thanks for the tips Chris, shark is indeed pretty sharp... :)

.b.