[GEM-dev] GemPixConvert.h

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 23 16:35:03 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2006, at 7:59 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> How should we now require header inclusion to use this?  Should we
> require GemPixConvert.h to be added, or should it just be  automatically
> included via GemPixUtil.h?  I ask this because  pix_2pdp.h includes
> GemPixObj.h, which includes GemPixUtil.h, but  that's currently not
> including the new conversion files...

personally i would prefer if GemPixConvert.h would have to be included
explicitly:
most pix-code written will not need to know the underlying conversion
routines; things derived from GemPixObj should not know them at all
(that is what we have the from*()-routines for)
and adding a new optimized converter should not retrigger the
re-compilation of each and every pix-object (this is time consuming)

otoh, i see that there are special cases like with pix_2pdp where you
need low level access.
if it is possible to include both headers (and i don't see a
(non-social) reason why this should not work), then think it is the
cleaner way.

mfg.asdf.