[GEM-dev] a few compilation problems

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 28 11:36:53 CEST 2006

hi all.

yesterday email at the iem had some problems, so i didn't get this email
from matju; i found it in the gem-dev archives, so that's why my reply
is so weird...

<matju>
../Pixes/recordQT4L.h:22:18: error: lqt.h: No such file or directory

i had to replace <lqt.h> by <lqt/lqt.h>.

recordQT4L.cpp:23:26: error: colormodels.h: No such file or directory

i had to replace <colormodels.h> by <lqt/colormodels.h>.
</matju>

no! giving the full path is not the correct way to handle it.
actually lqt-config (or quicktime-config) should give the full include
path and this should be added to the compiler flags, like
"-I/usr/include/lqt"

why? because the correct path depends on the distribution and quicktime
version used. (it could as well be "/usr/include/quicktime" or somewhere
else)

<matju>
In file included from pix_chroma_key.cpp:18:
pix_chroma_key.h:15:25: error: GemFuncUtil.h: No such file or directory

this is the problem that Peter Plessas had. He mentioned it on IRC
#dataflow, which is why I tried compiling Gem today. I changed #include
"GemFuncUtil.h" to "Base/GemFuncUtil.h".
</matju>

yes, this is a bug.

i see that jamie has incorporated both changes, i'll revert the lqt one.

mfg.asdr.