[GEM-dev] rstp video in GEM

Adrien Mondot adrien.mondot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 18:35:33 CEST 2006

I just get a Mac Book Pro (today), I try to compile PD and GEM and
make new test, I will make a short overview after on how it work.

What is surprising, is that QT perform very poorly in reading the
stream versus mencoder or mplayer : there is a lot of frame drop in
QT when you exceed the 25fps, while in mencoder everything work fine
(in 100 fps) (this where done on a PowerBook G4)

And when just playing the stream in QTPlayer, it works, but if you
try to use te stream in another app like QuartzComposer or PD, the
stream break very often.

What kind of detail do you need about the setup ?

Le 30 mars 06 à 19:33, chris clepper a écrit :
> On 3/29/06, Adrien Mondot <adrien.mondot at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Great it seems to work...
>>
>> Now I just need to buy a new computer to make it work at 100fps :-)
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>
> A post on the Quicktime developer list seemed to indicate that the
> capture frame rates were pretty low using that camera.  Can you give
> more details about the setup?

www.adrienm.net
"Et avec quelle quantité d'illusions ai-je dû naitre pour pouvoir en
perdre une chaque jour ?" Cioran