[GEM-dev] rstp video in GEM

Adrien Mondot adrien.mondot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:38:24 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm still fighting with pd to make it compile on a brand new intel-
mac...
I tried to use Hans's Darwin_app packages, and after some tweak and
dirty hacks (no portaudio, no portmidi no ogg, no jack, and no
loader), I managed to have a pd.app bundle. The problem is that it
don't manage to load the external although they are in the good place
and just fresh compiled. As I don't really know the source tree of
the pd packages and how it works, it is pretty hard to understand
why... One of the obvious solution would be that disabling the loader
in the external prevent pd from load any external ?

But the loader don't compile, I have this error :

/Users/Adrien/SourcesProg/packages/darwin_app/../../externals/loaders/
import.c:27: error: too few arguments to function 'sys_load_lib'

the line 27 of import.c is :
     if (!sys_load_lib(sys_libdir->s_name, libname))

One of the other problem is that althought I'm compiling everything,
the bundle is still in ppc (but almost everything inside is i386
except the Pd-0.39/Contents/MacOS/pd-0.39), and I don't understant
how to force to make it intel native.

Help please....

Le 31 mars 06 à 03:29, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> Is there anyway to stream out RTSP from Gem in a similar way?

Well I believe it should be possible with some quicktime-code, maybe
it would be more interresting to wait for the next release of the
quicktime API wich should be really more clean than the actual one.
However there is sample code on http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/
QuickTime/idxGraphicsImaging-date.html that allow to output the video
buffer via the firewire port.

www.adrienm.net
"Et avec quelle quantité d'illusions ai-je dû naitre pour pouvoir en
perdre une chaque jour ?" Cioran