[GEM-dev] rstp video in GEM

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 1 20:03:23 CEST 2006

On Apr 1, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Adrien Mondot wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still fighting with pd to make it compile on a brand new intel-
> mac...
> I tried to use Hans's Darwin_app packages, and after some tweak and
> dirty hacks (no portaudio, no portmidi no ogg, no jack, and no
> loader), I managed to have a pd.app bundle. The problem is that it
> don't manage to load the external although they are in the good
> place and just fresh compiled. As I don't really know the source
> tree of the pd packages and how it works, it is pretty hard to
> understand why... One of the obvious solution would be that
> disabling the loader in the external prevent pd from load any
> external ?
>
> But the loader don't compile, I have this error :
>
> /Users/Adrien/SourcesProg/packages/darwin_app/../../externals/
> loaders/import.c:27: error: too few arguments to function
> 'sys_load_lib'
>
> the line 27 of import.c is :
>     if (!sys_load_lib(sys_libdir->s_name, libname))
>
> One of the other problem is that althought I'm compiling
> everything, the bundle is still in ppc (but almost everything
> inside is i386 except the Pd-0.39/Contents/MacOS/pd-0.39), and I
> don't understant how to force to make it intel native.
>
> Help please....

With Pd-extended, you need to apply all of the patches first before
compiling.  That above error is caused by the lack of the libdir
patch.  You do that by: "cd packages/ && make patch_pd".  Right now
that expects 0.39.2 and probably won't work with other versions.

Pd-extended is indeed very complicated.  Hopefully we can simplify
things by unifying build systems.  Also, docs always help.  I find it
very useful to document whenever I am trying something new.  Anything
you can add to this wiki page would be helpful.

https://puredata.org/docs/developer/MacOSXApp

> Le 31 mars 06 à 03:29, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>
>> Is there anyway to stream out RTSP from Gem in a similar way?
>>
> Well I believe it should be possible with some quicktime-code,
> maybe it would be more interresting to wait for the next release of
> the quicktime API wich should be really more clean than the actual
> one. However there is sample code on http://developer.apple.com/
> samplecode/QuickTime/idxGraphicsImaging-date.html that allow to
> output the video buffer via the firewire port.

So there is no existing way to stream out RTSP from Pd right now?  I
know about [pdp_theorice], but RTSP would be nice to have also.

____

  As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should
                                                   - Benjamin Franklin