[GEM-dev] OSX installation - PD CPU usage...

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Apr 5 16:14:26 CEST 2006

Hi Chris and Jamie,

So I was able to downgrade quicktime to 6.5 by:

Finding and installing the 7.0.1 reinstaller for 7.0.4
Finding and installing the 6.5.2 reinstaller for 7.0.1

You cannot install 6.5.2 from 7.0.4 directly.

I tested 7.0.1 as well, and indeed it behaves exactly the same as 7.0.4 so
those shark tests should be good fodder for apple to fix quicktime.

Yes using qt 6.5.2 I can play my 16 clips simultaneously for days without
the damn "mentor" getting in the way.

I guess playing this many clips through quicktime is not often done,
otherwise I would have thought the bug would have been found in 7.0.1 and
not stick around to 7.0.4.

Thanks for your help Chris,

This thread is now resolved.

.b.