[GEM-dev] new test windows dll

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 25 17:52:48 CEST 2006

On Apr 25, 2006, at 2:47 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 4/25/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
> Is a MinGW build possible?  Or does VS.net provide something needed
> that MinGW doesn't?  It shouldn't be too hard to do.
>
> Possible or not it doesn't solve the issues at hand in any way.

That DLL would still be required even when its compiled with MinGW?

An easy solution for that DLL is to have it included in the Pd-
extended installer.  Its already handling a number of DLLs and its
quite trivial to add another.  packages/win32_inno/Makefile could
copy the DLL from %SystemRoom%\system32, if its there, then the
installer package will test if its installer a newer version of the
that DLL, then install it.

But I would really like to have Pd-extended build Gem from source,
rather than using binaries.  That means using MinGW on Windows...

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
						        				-A.J. Muste