[GEM-dev] pix_chroma_key not acting as I expect?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Apr 26 17:24:45 CEST 2006

Hi all,

attached is what I ended up getting to work.

can't really describe how, but I had to make sure the videos were loading
as yuv for it to work at all. Teresa, on OSX this is the default so don't
worry about it.

#2. Chris's 128, 50,50 value for the RGB 0,240,0 seems to work, but where
the heck did that number come from??

#3. I had to use a high range, about 80, but I think thats because of
antialiasing between the green-screen and the figure.

So it looks good!

I can't do a checkout from sourceforge gem cvs this morning, but based on
Johannes's new abstractions, I'd like to volunteer to make a keying
color-picker. Maybe something that shows your video, allows you to click
on a spot, and then feeds that into pix_chroma_key. Maybe even a range of
pixels could be chosen.

I think the only way to get the pixel values is pix_dump right? Does it
support dumping YUV?

Thanks all for your help.

.b.