[GEM-dev] pix_video

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 27 14:23:15 CEST 2006

more questions....

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> did anything change in pix_video in the last few mounth?
> my webcam did not work anymore with new gem build.
> it still work with build made before 02/06.

do you mean, your working build is from february 2006?
there have been no relevant (to video grabbing) changes since then.
(the last relevant checkin i found was on 15th december 2005)

could you re-compile that old source (both or either from feb.06 and/or
01.dec.05) on your machine and see what happens? (make a backup of your
"good" Gem.pd_linux :-))

does it say anything at the pd-console OR the stderr?

btw, i noticed that the video4linux2 is not enabled by default.
i just checked in a configure-check for v4l2, so you could also try to
enable it (you have to do it explicitely with "--enable-v4l2")

mfga.r